Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Has anyone spoke to Mick lately. I e-mailed him last week, but no reply. Maybe he is on holiday.
I traded e-mails with him during the early part of this week. I asked him about the production time for a Chenin and he answered me fairly quickly.
Slowhand,
Give Mick a quick call (good time is around 8:00 - 10:00 PM EST time). You can get all your answers in a couple of minutes. Just check your LD phone rate to Australia before calling. I just spoke with him about 5 minutes ago.
I was sending him emails thinking he was getting them and he was wondering why he had not heard from me. Try emailing him at mick@supratek.biz (instead of supra@supratek.biz) or call him - 011 - 61 8 9 757 9786
Rgds,
Larry
Hi Larry,

Mick answered my e-mail last night. I was checking on my Cortese. Mick says it will be a while yet.
Hi Gang, I changed the stock 6SN7's in my Cabernet yesterday with CV 1988 (6SN7 GTY) tubes. All I can say is WOW ! I have yet to change the Genalux KT 66 to NU 350B even though the 350B's are lying next to the preamp. Maybe I am too patient according to my buddy but that is the fun part of it. The 350B's are kinda like forbidden fruit....OK, back to listening to music again!

BTW, the stock TJ PX4 tubes are really really transparent!

Cheers,
Kenji