Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Current situation- I have traced the noise to the torodial power transformer on the Supratek power supply. I tested the rectifiers (about 6) that I have and unless every one is bad, my tube tester is on the blink. Anyways, it starts immediately when the power switch trips the circuit. Any thoughts?
Most torroidal transformers have electrostatic screen. Besides, it is unlikely that DC will be present at the secondary. I would suspect that it is possible one of the rectifer is bad.

If you have a scope, you can look at the ripple voltage after the filter caps or at the regulator input to each channel. Most of the time it should be small (in order of millivolts). But if you measure around 100 mV or more, that could be the problem.

Just my thoughts.....
Brian, the noise was a mechanical hum from the transformer in the power supply of my Supratek. Rather loud. Now there is just a faint hum that you can hear if you put your ear near the hole in the top of the power supply.

Before I could easily hear the transformer humming from my listening chair. And BTW, the AC Offset Killer didn't seem to affect the dynamics at all, nor did it seem to add any coloration.

I used solution B.
I have been enjoying the Chenin quite a bit for the last two weeks. My Chenin has all stock tubes except for a GZ-37 Mullard. I am wondering if anyone might have some vintage tubes for this preamp they might be willing to sell. It is hard to imagine that this preamp could get much better but this must be the case with all the tube rolling that is going on. Bob