Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Supratek Cabernet : really at the top ?

I am wondering if, as some people here say, the Cabernet is really a competitor for the "best preamp of the world". Do you think it can competes with ARC REF3, CJ ACT2, etc. ? Of course it looks better, of course it's nice that it's done by only one man and it costs twice less. But is it really one of the very best (cost no object) ?

Also a question. It has output transformers but I have seen somewhere that it is directly coupled. Isn't there a contradition here ?

Thanks and regards.
hi everyone
i think i almost read the whole thread and consider buying a chardonnay.
i have heard that there might be a new volume control introduced to the supra???
does anybody know something about that?
hum4god
Hello everyone I have a Cortese and I am in the process of rebuilding my first turntable (Lenco L75) . I have a rega rb250 arm and I want to get a cartridge. I was thinking of getting a Stanton 881 Mark II S Cartridge, is this a good cartridge for starters ? I want to spend less then $200.00 and may upgrade later when I tweak everything in . I am open to comments and or suggestions .

Thank you for all the great information !!
yay!!! i just got the nod from mick. my black / chrome chardonnay is ready. *giddy with anticipation*

kevin t
Congrats Kevin,

When did you place your order for the chardonnay? I am sure you will have many happy days of listening bliss.