Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I haven't seen anyone comment on the 6moons review of the sauvignon yet. So this is just to let everyone know where it is.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/supratek2/sauvignon.html
Jazzdude,check my 2 20 05 post,i read the review ,good informative review,the Chardonney review has some nice pictures too,i have a Chardonney on order,,Kevin,hope everythings going well with your new preamp!looking forward to reading your thoughts ,,,Lugnut,,i hope your preamp problem has been resolved!im thinking about ordering some NOS tubes while im waiting,,,,is the Tubestore a good place to to start ?
Ray, thanks for thinking about me and the preamp problem. I'm ready to throw in the towel since I'm way over my head here. My opinion is that Mick needs an authorized US repair person. The expense and wasted time shipping gear to Australia and back is just too much to expect out of supposedly valued customers, IMO. If this has happened to Steve and I it's just a matter of time until others are similarly affected. In no way is this a criticism of the performance of this gear when it's working right. I'm just pointing out something that Mick should address. Bottom line is that I'm truly heartbroken. I'll probably not have this in my system. To make matters worse my old Audible Illusions went belly up and repair will exceed it's value. Now I'm using my sucky solid state unit. Ouch!!
Having heard Edgar's Chardonnay in his room last summer and having had one of the first Syrahs, I would like to comment on what he and I heard in our two Suprateks. He says, "A mild criticism I had of the Chard (much as I looked for something for crying out loud) was its soundstage, which I found to be marginally narrower and shallower than I was used to from my previous reference preamp." I have not heard the new Sauvignon which he says is far superior, but this is one reason why I abandoned Supratek.

The Exemplar preamps all give a very wide and realistic sound stage. I do not know what is at the base of the Sauvignon's improved performance in this area, but Edgar thinks it is a better power supply. If so, Syrah and Chard users should seriously consider the Sauvignon in my opinion. although it is far more expensive than the Exemplar $2500 line stage.

As I am notorious on another thread for extolling the benefits of the H-Cat solid state preamp, especially it PRECISE sound stage, I naturally would say that it too is a better investment if realism in sound reproduction is your goal.
Hi Patrick.Hang in there partner. Steve is going to send me his syrah and I will try to source out the bugs in it. cheers David