Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thank you TVAD for the well thought railing.
Product line analysis is a very interesting exercise. The sweet spot of any given brand may lay anywhere along the range, from the most expensive unit to the least.
As for ways to enjoy this hobby and related shopping/researching activities, there are a nearly infinite ways to enjoy it/them. Clearly though, unless I find an FS dealer on the way of my work travels in the next few months, I will likely need to create a black-cloaked side trip to a relevant watering hole.
In the meantime I will keep asking questions on this site on areas of interest to me. Thank you for your understanding.

Get a Denon 103 or a 103r. This is the best out their for the money and especially in your price range. I would suggest you spend the extra $ 50.00 and get the 103r version.
Do spend some money on some good NOS tubes for your Cortese if you have not already. I would highly recommend getting a good matched pair of NOS or good used Tung Sol Black Glass Round Plate 6sn7's for your Cortese, they are well worth the $ 250.00 that it will cost you. Then change the Rectifier and Regulator tubes. Email me off line if you want some recommendations.
Best Regards,
Larry

Rgds,
Larry
This is a world class preamp, which is handbuilt by the designer with bespoke components, NOS valves, short circuit paths and everything else you desire (www.tron-electronic.com). Technical points aside, it sounds like natural, as if all the grain has been lifted from the recording. Check out Ed Barker's review in 6 moons.com.