Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
im wondering why no ones done an audiogon product review on any of the Suprateks,,,
I just wanted to share a photo of my Supratek. It's supported on a Sistrum platform, which apart from the sonic advantages, looks very cool IMHO:

http://cgim.audiogon.com/i/vs/i/f/1112246444.jpg

Rack support is an Adona double stand. I believe I've noticed sonic improvements with both supports added, although still tweaking things. The sistrum may be overkill for support for this application - the improvements were more substantial with the SP-004 platforms I added to my Virgo II speakers.

I used to get a lot of comments/questions from guests on the Supratek, but I get even more now that the Sistrum is under it. Looks pretty aggressive. I guess the subjec is covered somewhere in this long forum, but I'd be curious to learn what others have found for optimum support for this great preamp.
Cello(Larry)-When you say the newer models are better,which model did you mean? I have an older Syrah,from reading this thread I took the recent improvements to be centered mainly in the phono section of the Cortese or did I miss something? I understand that Mick has continued to improve things along the way,it just seemed like he was happy with the Syrah and most of the large development was on other models.
Kirby
Outlier, the setup looks real cool and sexy! I wish I could do that to my Cabernet. Too bad I live in an active seismic zone....:(

Mick did some wonderful things to my Cabernet - now it is even more quiet and transparent than before. Write to the Man if you want to know more since I'm not a techie.

Kenji