Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Raytheprinter,
has your unit arrived yet?

Mc5baby,
How's that volume control? Have you moved it? is it any looser for you?
according to fedex it should be delivered friday,,unless it gets hung up in customs,,,which im really hoping it wont,,,,it would be nice to have the whole weekend to play with it!
Ray,
If you have not already, call Fed Ex and check to make sure they have your Social Security number listed in their computer for your shipment. Don't wait until tomorrow, by then the trucks will be out and you will have to wait until Monday.
Even if Mick told you that he gave Fed Ex your SS#, double check on your own. Better safe than sorry.
Rgds,
Larry
Mc5baby, if you still have trouble with the tight volume control, it may be that the steel knob is touching the sides of the wood enclosure. You can remove the knob and recenter with an allen key. If that is not the issue, and it seems that something internal is awry, one potential fix is to seat the preamp facing up (so the volume knob is facing toward the ceiling, remove the volume knob and place a drop or two of oil into the mechanism). Of course you should check with Mick first to confirm if that would be an appropriate course of action. I expereinced similar stiffness with my input switch over time on my Supratek. I resolved it another way (had to resolder a new input switch I got from Mick), but the Tech who worked on the preamp for me (Nick Gowan from Truesound) had some positive results by just applying a dab of oil to the switch mechanism. Anyway, just a thought - again, no substitute for confirming with Mick on best way forward, but thought I'd share my experience, which has similar symptoms to yours.

Cheers,
John.
Larry,i never thought to call fedex myself,,thanks,i called and they had no record of my SS.with this done, i should recieve my Chard fri. at 10:30 am,,im sure at 10:00 ill be outside looking down the road for the fedex truck,,,,