Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi Docsavage,

sure I bought a Quicksilver pre from you, are you in Hurricane country ?(lost your address).
Leave well alone till it breaks in and treat yourself to a set of HT cyberlinks - till I installed these, I was fooling with and spending money on tubes with NO idea what my Syrah was really capable of !

OK its a lot of money but unless you can actually hear the differnce, why spend shedloads on NOS tubes most of which will be noisy anyway.

I envy you the Cortese cause if it's much better than the Syrah, it's light years beyond anything else I've heard (now that I can actually hear how good the Syrah is !)

Cheers Simon
Hi Simon,
Its me down in hurricane country. I lost your address as well. I am not familiar with HT CYBERLINKS. Could you enlighten me?
Good to hear from you again.
Doc
Hey Doc,another Floridian?Congrads!! Larry,Ill bet you know some great places to get authentic Cuban food!!!Not a lot of it here in Bradenton ,,just one of the many things i miss!!!Well i will have my Tungsol 6SN7s Round Plates in a couple days,cant wait!Also have a DAC and DIP,both units really improved my digital sound,My Chardonnay just keeps sounding better as i improve the rest of my system,I cant imagine buying another preamp,unless i move up the Supratek line!!!I just added pictures to my virtual system ,please feel free to comment everyone!Thanks,Ray
Hi Ray,
Yes, I am in Fla. and I do know about good Cuban food. I am glad to hear you are so happy with your Supratek. I just ordered a new TT for my system. The old upgrade path seems to be never ending. Well sure is great fun. Let me know how the NOS tubes work out. After a few months I would like to try a few out. My Cortese should be here in a few days. I am trying to contain my excitement. It is difficult after such a long wait.
I thought about posting my system in the Virtual system section but I really could now see the benefit. I will try it out. I am not sure my skin is thick enough to take the criticism.
I guess we should try and keep this thread on topic so message me by mail any time.
Doc