Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Wstritt, I think you get a free toaster. Check with Mick, or with the Audiogon staff to claim your prize.

You'll have it in 4-6 months
Yet, by all accounts it'll be worth the wait, even if
you do have to load the toast from down under.
Kgturner,

This is the first I have heard about the KT-88 amp. When Mick answers your questions, please share the info with the rest of us. I do know that Mick was talking about building a more affordable amp that could mate with the Chenin.
The amplifier is still in development. Power output has not yet been determined. Mick says he loves the sound of the amp as it is now but the power may not be sufficient for some of the more difficult speaker loads. It's going to be at least a few more months before the final design is set.