Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thanks Slowhand. The music is always first. Now playing Van Morrison "Enlightenment" I will definitely check out the Lucinda Williams LP. Thanks for the tip.

Doc
Doc,
the Lucinda Williams is brilliant.
I would not put a tube in my Syrah or anything else without a coating of Silclear and if I were you, I would just enjoy the pre as is.
I have a box of nos tubes that work and a much bigger box of their partners that are noisy or dead.All of which cost a fortune.
I've had some real scares with tubes letting go and I've settled for a cheapo pair of Valve Arts that sound fine and don't try to kill my system.
Take Micks advice, leave well alone and just enjoy your music !!!
Simon
Why hasn't anybody recently discussed anything other than the Supratek. I know it's a Darned good pre-amp. I was blown away by Slipknot's when it the first time, I could not believe how good it was. Especially for the money he paid but is it the deal of the century? You mean there is nothing less expensive. I for one don't want to spend over $3,000 nor do I wish to wait until it gives birth after 9 months. Come on guys and Women to be politically correct. Lets hear some new chat on cheap preamps. Are you saying they have all possible giant killers been discussed ad nauseum? What about some of the inexpensive Chinese stuff is there really nothing out there?
Mechans,

Feel free to open a NEW thread on Chinese preamps!

I suspect most involved in this thread are involved because of their ownership of or specific interest in Suprateks. Nuff said.
Fiddler has a great idea Mechans. Maybe you could title it "Preamp Deal of the Week". This will apply to both money spent and product longevity.