Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Mechans,

Feel free to open a NEW thread on Chinese preamps!

I suspect most involved in this thread are involved because of their ownership of or specific interest in Suprateks. Nuff said.
Fiddler has a great idea Mechans. Maybe you could title it "Preamp Deal of the Week". This will apply to both money spent and product longevity.
OK Fiddler good idea. BTW Mr.Mustang there are some well established brands.
>>there are some well established brands<<

With well established failure and/or repair records. LOL
Hi Guys,

Just to change tack on the tube rolling subject which is discussed ad-infinitum on this forum, I'm curious to know what speakers you guys use with your Supratek preamps and amps??

You may recall that I live in Western Australia and have known Mick Maloney of Supratek, since its inception some ten years ago. And, I have heard or owned all the Supratek models from Syrah-to-Cortese-to-Cabernet-to-the Merlot monobloc amps.

You don't know how good Mick's preamps and amps are until you put them through their paces on some hi-rez speakers! I'm talking about things like Quad Electrostatics; Martin Logan's; Proacs; Yamaha NS1000's (with the highly detailed beryllium drivers); the ER Audio ESL-3 (superfast 3.4 micron thin-filmed electrostats see: www.eraudio.com.au ); Jamo Concert 8's with Seas Excel magnesium drivers and silver voice coils; various Accuton ceramic/Raven ribbon speaker arrays; Apogee ribbons and also the Edgar Horns. All of which - I have owned and tried at some stage in my audio quest, with the Supratek products.

When you get speakers of the type mentioned above, you realize how good the Supratek products really are! The fine detail and nuance; inflection and expression of music presented by Mick's creations don't really show through until you get a really GOOD SPEAKER. So my tip to you guys is stop mucking around with tube rolling, be assured you have one of the best preamps on the planet with Supratek - and look to improve other parts of your system (speakers being the most critical component and a good start).

All in my humble opinion of course...

Regards,

Steve M.