I've narrowed it down...

So my first venture into tube equipment will be an integrated amp based on the recommendations of this fine group of enthusiasts. I have narrowed the field to the Rogue Audio Tempest III, Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum, the Cayin H-80 and Cary SLI-80.

All of this is based on what I have read and what fits in my budget. The Cary is a little over but for something I think I'll have for a lifetime I'm willing to go a little over...

I will be driving B&W 602S3's until more $$$ are available for something else.

My intent is to listen to vinyl then maybe venture into CD's or digital music. Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

Going somewhere to listen to any of these is not an option for me, and room size is undetermined as I am in the process of moving.

Thanks.
botit
Atmasphere, I am not making misleading statements. I myself have repeatedly made such requests. In the past you have referenced Crowhurst, upon reading those links, one would discover that Crowhurst actually suggested that some feedback could be beneficial. But...we're getting of topic now.
This has been very enlightening. Since I am only replacing one of the 2 options (amp or speakers) I think I'm in a do-loop... Upgrading the speakers first would give me an improvement in sound now and more improvement when I purchase the amp, and likewise if I purchase the amp now. I understand that my process may not be ideal. I have learned a great deal on this thread and appreciative of your willingness to share your knowledge and experience.

Thank You.

Regards,
Mikirob,
Oh I very much trust my ears(there`s no better way) That`s how I got to SET amplifiers. My question for Atmasphere was academic in nature,tube amp designer vs competent SS designer.
Regards,
Yes Botit, I think that is very true, changing speakers will change the sound of your system in a much more obvious way than changing amps, and down the road you get the amp that will take your speakers to a higher level. That would be my approach if you are looking to make a real change in the sound of your system and if you have to do one thing first and the second down the road.
If you are willing to commit to a new pair of speakers, are you willing to spend $2700 for a set that are flexible enough to be used with tube (SET, PP, OTL) or solid state amps, and still sound outstanding? That can handle a wide range of power output (5 - 500 watts)? That also provide for flexible room placement? If so:

http://audiokinesis.com/product_ak_rhythm-prism.html

If you're willing to go a bit higher:

http://audiokinesis.com/product_ak_prisma.html