Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
Im a ayon fan! buying 2s, i do know this is a 5s thread, but i could not help my self to say something, mmm, 5s 12,500 cd player,reading all the gentlemens threads and so on,I seen the story of the ping sound,I have a krell amp, so that got my attention, the krell 700cx in fact.,which does have 100koms impeadence, I do not mean any disrespect,I am bewilderd, with, why in the world, would anybody use such inferior interconnects with such fine equipment?, studio, PA cables at that,none shielded, one word, wow!, I do realize everyone has an opinion,I use multi-thousand dollar taralabs interconnect, very much shielded! again, still want to know why?, the inferior cables, im buying into $6,350 2s, to see what ayon is about, then , maybe 5s, if i see the need, gentlemen, No disrespect here!, im a firm believer of esoteric cables and amps,and resonance control, I'm a minimalist, and enjoy audio.
Audiolab
As far as I can see this thread was set up to discuss anything Ayon, not just the CD5s. The Cd5s is not a $12,500 CD player, rather a Transport, DAC and Preamp in one. If you are referring to me re ICs, I agree that they need to be shielded, but in many listening tests for me in my system the highly shielded mic cord sounded the best. I still kept my expensive IC's and at times put them back in to see if the result is the same and it is. You are free to try it with an open mind.
gammajo,I am a muscian, a singer for 25 years,you should use what works best for you,im sorry if I came across wrong, i"ve just have been doing high-end a very long time, to me , there is not a cable in the live sound market that remotely comes close to most of your high-end cables, I know you did say you have a high-end interconnect, awsome,may i suggest taralabs, anything under $2,000 dont mess with,i know its costly, you get what you pay for,do i agree with todays cable prices, absolutely not! its crazy to me, on the other hand, I pay,I have been buying taralabs for 20 years, tried everything during those years,put it this way, if you respect the absolute sound magazine, taralabs the zero gold interconnect just won edditors choice 2012 award, they haVE MADE THAT CABLE SINCE 1998, WOW! SEEMS THE TECHNOLOGY IS HARD TO SURPASS, i AM DEFIENTLY not rich! poor,I do think cables are on my top list of importance, I will be upgrading to zero gold soon enough, may take a little time, worth the wait!
Audiolab
Thanks for the elaboration. Good to know that you were trying to be helpful. It looks like I will have the opportunity to audition 28K worth of respected Masterbuilt cable in my system sometime soon. Will let you know my thoughts.
I have a question on the Ayon SPirit III.
Which 12au7 tubes (front two or back two) are the drivers and which ones are the signal?

If I am running in direct mode (seperate preamp), which of the tubes would not matter? I am palnning on tube rolling and would love to know the answer to the above.

Much thanks,
Assad