Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Has anyone heard from Mr Mustang Bill as to how his Canary sings compared to his Grange? Maybe Judy and Fiddler have heard from this connection.How does this dual mono piece compare? Tom
I tend to believe Mick when he says quality will be the same as it has been,and less of a wait sounds great! I may be interested in the KT88 monos in the future,and would not hesitate to buy a Supratek product,,,and would be VERY happy if i did not have to wait almost a year! Thanks for responding Mick! Ray(a very happy Chardonnay owner)
Mick,
Thanks for weighing in and putting rumor to rest. Just keep doing what you do. I am more than confident that you'll never sacrifice quality over quantity. The wait for one of your world class preamps may seem painful, it soon recedes into the distance when the tubes light for the first time and music pours out from the blackness. From a happy Chenin owner.
Thanks Mick,
a straight, erudite answer, warts and all.
I know a couple of Granges are only going due to the search for the Holy (& bloody expensive) grail.
I only hope at somestage I can upgrade from my Syrah to one of your dearer models.
Can't imagine how they could sound better but love to find out !
I didn't/couldn't wait, bought a second hand one and Mick talked me through the conversion to 240V - HOW MANY COMPANIES WOULD DO THAT??? Sorry for the shouting .
On a different note if amps were judged purely on looking beautiful, what even comes close !

Rgds Si