Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Braro, thanks for the info, How is the phono, is it really as good as everybody says. I did not get the Chenin as I have a AE ph1 that I built from the kit and I love it.
Maybe due for a later upgrade.

Allan
Allanblissett - I dont have a turntable yet. I bought the Chennin with the idea that I would eventually get into vinyl. I have however heard my Chennin phono stage on a fellow audiophiles system. He is using the Aesthetix(sp)IO which I believe is very highly regarded. I thought the Chennin was as good as the IO. I do not have much experience with vinyl and I heard my Chennins phono stage in an unfamiliar system for just a few hrs so keep that in mind. All tubes in my Chennin are stock BTW. It is so good to these ears that I have had no desire to tube roll. Im sure curiosity will get the best of me though and I will eventually start rolling. You can look up the system I heard my Chennin in here. His handle is mem916.
I will give you my own example of how high I regard the Chenin phono stage: I just place an order for the Walker Proscenium Gold Turntable. Yes, the Chenin phono stage is that good. The Chenin is a world class preamp, capable of supporting the best sources and amplifiers in the world, IMHO.
I thought i was done for now,,,,,but,,im thinking of ordering a pr. of KT-88s later this year! 40 watts,is anyone else thinking about getting a pr of these ?
What rectifier tube does the Chardonnay power supply use?
Is it interchangeable with 5u4g or 5u4gb, I hope so, I already have lots of those.