Cary SLP 03

I noticed that this pre had a price drop by about 1k. I've found two rather luke warm reviews, so I want to get some feedback from actual owners on its performance. How does it compare to other pre's in its price range, like the Rogue gear, for example.

Does it responde well to tube rolling, and in your opinion, is it a much better value at its current price retail price of $1995.
hawk28
Thanks for the responses. Ktamura, you pose an interesting question. I've heard the ET-3 and it sounds great. I have not heard the Cary, however.

At 500 ohms, I dont think the matching should be an issue, but how much higher can the impedance go?
I have this pre in combination with the new Cary SA 200.2 power amp. I have not tried the pre with other amps, but in combo with the Cary it is stellar. I was really not all that interested in it as it had luke warm reviews and was even beat up a litte bit on the forums. I was looking at integrateds or even more expensive seperates but John at Audio Connection said these two compenants work great toghether so I took his advice and gave them a try. I'm glad I did. Put a Kimber XLR between them and I tube rolled the SLP 03. It responded very well with a live dynmaic and airy sound with the VSA Unifield 3 speakers. The new remote is also excellent. At it's current price it is a great deal for a pre, no doubt about it. I highly suggest pairing it with the SA 200.2. The synergy is great.
I was a bit disappointed with the SLP-03 which I owned for some time. Not so the SLP-05 which I eventually replaced it with.
I really enjoy mine and haven't wanted for anything else since. It offers a great sound stage and channel separation. Plenty of inputs including a cinema bypass. I havent changed the stock tubes yet.
Forgot to mention above that the SLP03 received a 2012 Editors Choice award from The Absolute Sound. Check out the March 2012 issue.