CD direct to monobloks?

I have a Shnaling SCD-T200 and a couple of Rotel Rb-1091 monobloks. According to the Shanling manual it is possible to connect directly the CD to the amps without a preamplifier since the CD has the capability of a variable output via it´s remote control. Is this a good idea? Will I miss some sound quality with this setup? OTOH I have a Primare integrated amp with a variable pre out output, Can I use the variable pre out output to feed the monobloks? As for a preamplifier all I got is an old adcom GTP-350. Any comments out there? Thanks in advance for your input.
tiofelon
I've run both a Theta Miles and Resolution Audio 21 directly into either an Aragon 8008BB or B&K M-200's in balanced mode with good results. Every time a preamp goes in for trial, it gets sent back. Have tried variety of solid state and tube pre's, including a couple that cost more than my entire system-still no dice for my tastes.
If you already own all this, what do you think? If you haven't tried it yet because you are afraid to run the cd player directly into the amps, don't be. That's what the volume control on the cd player is for. Just remember to turn the volume all the way down at first and raise it while the music is playing.
Try the different possibilities and let your ears decide. You can't hurt anything. Do make sure the volume is turned down on the Shanling or Primare before firing everything up.

Your old Adcom was a decent preamp. Things may be better with or without it. Good luck.
It all depends on how good the variable output stage of the CDP is and how it will match with the input impedance of the power amps. This is very important and could make or break a direct-to-power-amp setup.
Going power amp direct will be the shortest path and will require less interconnects, which is worth considering both sonically and financially, but it's not all that matters.
Technically all combinations you mentioned are viable, it will be for you to try them and decide what sounds best *to your ears*.