Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
It took 2 months, 1 week to get the Chenin. Shipping only took 2 days from Australia to NJ. No power cord was in the box, though - good thing I have a few spares.
Slowhand,
I checked with Mick regarding El34 vs. KT88 powered Malbec, and he says they output 50wt. in either iteration.
I'm thinking about EL34 Malbecs for VonSchweikert VR-4JR's, and I have Chenin almost ready to be shipped.
I would like to hear people's impression of Malbec when they put it in their systems, before ordering mine.
Also wondering what EL34 tubes Mick is supplying with the amp.
Whoever gets the Malbecs first, please post a review.
Hi Maril555,

Thanks for the info on the tubes. When I talked with Mick several months ago, he said the EL34's would only put out 20wpc as opposed to the KT88 50 wpc. I guess that has changed. This is good news. Mick told me the EL34's have a sweeter sound than the KT88's. I think I will go with the EL34's when I order. Don't know what brand of power tubes Mick is using. They are probably readily available an inexpensive, as Mick seems to shy away from expensive tubes in his designs (good for him!).