Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thanks, Allan, that's good to know.
It still works, but I was kinda worried it would blow up or something...
Has anyone here replaced the umbilical cable on the Chenin/Syrah with an upgraded one? The stock cable is not shielded, and I wonder if shielding might lower the noise floor some, since it is routed in close proximity to a lot of other equipment (especially my class D amps which have been known to emit RFI). Revelation Audio Labs sells a shielded cryoed silver cable that is supposed to be a big upgrade - anyone here have it? If so, could you describe the effects on your system?
Hi All,
Problems with left Channel....
I started to have problems with the sound coming from the left Channel of my Grange. After a bit of warm up or play, I get a huge static type noise followed by a simultaneous large and loud flutter of the driver. There is also some distortion of the sound. After the loud static (like a loose wire) and flutter, the sound cleans up for a bit. The problem continues intermittently and occurring every 2-5 minutes. It occurs when using either my CDP or Turntable as a source.

I tried switching the RCA outputs of the Grange and the problem moved from the left to the right channel which led me to believe that the problem is located in the pre and not my amp or elsewhere.
I then swapped all of the pairs of tubes in the pre and the power supply box (one set at a time) from right to left to see if the problem moved from the left channel to the right. The problem remained in the left channel through all of the tube switches.
I am guessing that the problem would be related to a faulty capacitor, but I was wondering if anyone had gone through a similar problem and had any observations, theories or advice.
Thanks/Rgds,
Larry
Cello: Sounds like a tube on its way out ??

With all due respect, you have a thoroughbred race horse (in the Grange) that you are trying to fix. Consult the master Mick Maloney first before you do anything else, or you may regret further unforeseen consequences ...

Regards,

Steve.
Steve,
Thanks, I emailed Mick 3 days ago and have been waiting to hear back from him.
I don't think it is tube related (see my post above).
Rgds,
Larry