Bob Carver LLC Black Beauty Review

If any of you GON members are interested in Bob Carver's new mono-block tube amps take a look at my review that was just posted on hometheaterreview.com. It's in the recent short review section on the front page. It was a very interesting experience to compare the Carver's performance with my Pass Labs XA-60.5's.
teajay
Well, about time, for Carver to return to tubes. He finally got some 'tube religion', thank God.
I own a set of these monoblocks. Got them on E-bay just before the holidays. I have been waiting for an online review to see what was the opinion of someone who has listened to many different tube amplifiers. This is basically my first experience with a tube amp so I really don't have a lot to compare with. They do sound a lot nicer then the McIntosh solid state amp I had before this. I really don't need all the power these things have and I am thinking about selling them.
03-26-12: Chashas1
I was hoping he had gone away for good.
How did he offend you?
03-26-12: Chashas1
I was hoping he had gone away for good. Guess he needs money.

Aah. Nothing so refreshing as an unsubstantiated cheap shot. And so rare in the world of audiophilia.

After all, what good could one say about a man who brought quality power to the masses, broke new ground in analog signal processing, and singlehandedly re-invented the powered subwoofer during a career spanning five decades?