Bob Carver LLC Black Beauty Review

If any of you GON members are interested in Bob Carver's new mono-block tube amps take a look at my review that was just posted on hometheaterreview.com. It's in the recent short review section on the front page. It was a very interesting experience to compare the Carver's performance with my Pass Labs XA-60.5's.
teajay
I hear you Mrtennis. Sometimes the classic lush tube sound is welcomed compared to some of the newer more "solid state" sounding tube amps. You can make the Carver tube amp sound more lush by tweaking the bias and feedback, but it is still not like the classic CJ stuff. I also like the lush sound of McIntosh amps from the 50's and 60's. They beautify the midrange, especially female vocals, more than real life. But the sound is so compelling you can't escape it.
Jonathan Valin was very positive in his review in Audiogon, and he's a freak about uncolored accuracy. He said they were on the romantic side, and loved them anyway.
JV and The Absolute Sound liked it enough that BB got product of the year and editor choice awards.
I am interested in both Amps but not sure which one to get. The price is not an issue. More of the SQ. has anyone heard any diffrence between the 2?
Dracula1 I read your post about upgrading the Black Beautys by simply swapping out the coupling caps. I can't read a schematic, is there an easy way to figure out which ones they are? I can solder pretty well and wish to try this.
How difficult is it to swat out the volume controls?
Kent