Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I would like to add from the excellent post of Kgturner above with regards to repairing the Supratek preamps. I read that the unit can be send to Kevin Covi in Upstate NY for repair as well. I hope that someone can confirm this.

Also, when I was having a paranoia regarding the channel imbalance of my preamp about 14 months ago, Mick sent me a schematic (plus phono)with info on the test points and levels to be measured. I measured all the voltages spot on. I found out that it was not the preamp responsible for the problem that I noticed after all and was able to isolate it to the source being use at the time.

rgds
Thanks Amandarae & Kgturner. I thought that the HT bypass issue had probably been resolved by now, but the length of this thread (about 6.2 million & counting) is prohibitive in finding out. I had also heard good things about the phono section but wasn't sure how it compared. I'm very fond of the Wright but not so much of the Tranny and extra IC's. Maybe the Chenin is worth pursuing though i've never been a fan of built ins because they are usually inferior.
Amandarae: RE "...you can always use a tee to change the load for different values not readily available from the switch settings..." [47K, 1K, 100, 10]

What's a 'tee' and how does one use it to set the load between the four settings on the slider switch?

Thanks!
fyi:

i got the email from mick today stating my malbec's were ready. looks like christmas is coming a little early for me this year!
Congrats Kgturner! I am as excited as I am sure you are. That is great news. WOW, what a Christmas present. Be sure to keep the rest of us posted.

tom