Tubes vs Solid State

I have have been listening to music all my life but have only recently started experimenting with different amplifier and/or speakers/component combinations. I have recently moved from Parasound JC 1's to Classe Cam 400 monoblocks which I have both loved (maybe the prior a bit more) and are contemplating another move. I have been very intrigued by tube monoblocks and have the opportunity now to move to ARC ref 600's. I can also get Mark Levinson 33's for about the same cost. I am just uncertain about the Ref 600's as I am worried that I might be disappointed in the tube sound.

Can someone with more experience perhaps help me out here ? I am using the amps as part of a home-theatre setup driving 802 d's and other 800 diamond fronts and rears. I would really appreciate some good advice here.
128x128gfdt
Hi all ! I say try it and see how you like it ,you never know . Building a high efficiency high impedance speaker is tough but apparently getting easier . Mine are 96db and constant 8 ohms . Presently driving them with a 15 wpc tube amp , never heard such dynamics and clarity .I will never go back to SS and low efficiency .
First of all I want to thank you all for the great feedback. It really answers most of my questions. It seems like in the home-theatre setup I intend to use the amps, and the speakers which I intend to use them with, solid state will make more sense and is probably more practical. If I quickly want to watch a movie it will be frustrating to allow for warm-up time first. In South Africa, where I live, it might also be difficult and expensive to find replacement tubes. I am nevertheless still very much intrigued by tubes and will have to go that route soon. I have a normal two channel system in my bedroom with B&W 804 diamonds. Maybe I should start with a smaller tube amp there ? Perhaps any thoughts on what I can use on them ? Perhaps a ARC of around 100 Watts into 8 ohms ?
The message which I am getting from your responses, and please correct me if I am wrong; Tubes are like a beautiful but difficult woman. The times she brakes your heart make the good times even more special.
Thanks again for the great response to my first posting.
Us the right tool for the job at hand. B&W's work better with ss, some other speakers work better with tubes. Choose your speakers, then choose the appropriate amplification.