Krell FPB 350Mcx's enough for THIEL 7.2's + CS5i's

I am hoping THIEL owners have some feedback regarding matching Krell Amps with these specific speakers. I have both the 7.2's and the 5i's. The 7.2's are in my primary dedicated listening room, and the 5i's are in the theater. I'd like to buy Mono's, but I am only running across the 350's for sale. I have concerns that these are enough for the low loads presented by the THIEL's. I'd like to have an amp that can handle either speaker so that I can swap them periodically and enjoy the subtle differences. Pre-Amp = Krell KCT, Let me know what experience you have with these speakers and Krell amps.
davidstingray
I have a client that drives a pair of Revel Salon 2s with a set of the Krell FPB 350MCX's with no problem. The Saolon 2s are a very extreme hard load with a low sensitivity output. The Krell mono amps drive the Salon 2s speakers with a ease and with a very impressive sound. I am willing to bet those 350 monos sound good with the Thiels 7.2s
Sounds like you guys have confidence. So the 450MCX's would suite me just as well and even better. I had heard that the extra headroom in the 750's made a difference even at the lower end, and provider greater speed.

Too bad I just missed a pair on eBay. I know there are some 350's for sale now, but I'd rather throw that much towards the 450's. Good problems to have I know.
Hi David,

If you want 450mcx monos, then you're done. Talk to Jack Tozzi at Spearit Sound in MA. They are a Krell dealer (i think), and have a pair of 450mcx monos for $8,500. I have bought 3 big pieces of equipment from Jack over the last 12 years, and people at CJ have the highest regard for him. He is one of the class acts in this business. Please tell him i say hello. If you want an intro, i am happy to email him and cc you. I have done this for a few people. He is great. BTW, i have 0 affiliation with Spearit Sound...i just like to give people referrals when they provide great service.
BTW, i asked Jack about the diff once between the 450mcx and the 750mcx...he said they were bloody close, and it would be up to your speakers to even tell the difference. In your case, i think you will find the 450mcx monos kick some serious a-.