Krell FPB 350Mcx's enough for THIEL 7.2's + CS5i's

I am hoping THIEL owners have some feedback regarding matching Krell Amps with these specific speakers. I have both the 7.2's and the 5i's. The 7.2's are in my primary dedicated listening room, and the 5i's are in the theater. I'd like to buy Mono's, but I am only running across the 350's for sale. I have concerns that these are enough for the low loads presented by the THIEL's. I'd like to have an amp that can handle either speaker so that I can swap them periodically and enjoy the subtle differences. Pre-Amp = Krell KCT, Let me know what experience you have with these speakers and Krell amps.
davidstingray
Hi David,

If you want 450mcx monos, then you're done. Talk to Jack Tozzi at Spearit Sound in MA. They are a Krell dealer (i think), and have a pair of 450mcx monos for $8,500. I have bought 3 big pieces of equipment from Jack over the last 12 years, and people at CJ have the highest regard for him. He is one of the class acts in this business. Please tell him i say hello. If you want an intro, i am happy to email him and cc you. I have done this for a few people. He is great. BTW, i have 0 affiliation with Spearit Sound...i just like to give people referrals when they provide great service.
BTW, i asked Jack about the diff once between the 450mcx and the 750mcx...he said they were bloody close, and it would be up to your speakers to even tell the difference. In your case, i think you will find the 450mcx monos kick some serious a-.
Interesting. I think the 750's would be a big push for me. I probably wouldn't stretch the speakers out enough to notice the difference. I do like the idea of not having to buy another set of amps though because i'm "wondering" what the 750's would sound like. I was even considering the McIntosh 1200 mono's at a slightly lower price point then the 750's.
David,

I think if you wish to ensure you've just that extra bit of power, the 450mcx's should be sufficient for anything but the most extreme rooms and volumes (which would probably risk making you permanentenly deaf)

And for those who doubt that it can happen, i know some who wears 2 hearing aids now after an all-day concert-volume session with a pair of Alexandrias...he woke up the next day with very little hearing and it never came back...