Why is the market for used Levinson amps so slow?

I've tried to sell my 334s without luck, and I've been watching others have similar problems. The used Levinson market was so hot a couple of years ago. What gives?
irvrobinson
No experience at all with ML gear, but I will say that having first-hand experience with an ML dealer is much more than hearsay. A dealer is an authority who can compare the line under discussion to his experiences with other products in the ML line and and with products from other companies.

Missioncoonery is very specific in his criticism and has been very open on the basis for this criticism. And (somewhat surprisingly) this issue hasn't kept him from writing off other lines of ML equipment.

Give him some credit for backing up his claim. This is a lot more support for a claim than I often see on audio forums.

And his answer seems to go a long way towards answering your original question.
Roscoeiii,
Good points,I also think it`s more than mere hearsay.There`s enough mentioned in the audiogon archives by former ML owners who would back missioncoonery`s statements.
Levinson 331/332/333/335/336 and 33H used Philips Capacitors these caps were made in China. They are junk.
Two years ago i purchased a Levinson 331 with humming from left channel for $1100 including shipping on Ebay. I replaced all 8 filter caps with USA made high end Cornell Dubilier and sold it on ebay for 2500 dollars.

Levinson is a very good amp. I have sold quality high end USA made caps for all of these Levinsons. All of these amps are working great. These caps are special order item from CDE,Nichicon and Tech Cap.

IVROBINSON. Your Levinson had the caps replaced I am sure you can sell it for much higher than 2100 dollars. Many will not buy these Levinson with out the cap replacemet.
Levinson repair center charges 1800 to 30000 for this job. Also they use United Chemicon caps for replacement. The Cornell Dubilier is lot better cap for filter supply.
The conclusion I'm drawing is that the ML amp market is down and slower because of the perception of reliability issues, customer service issues, and the high cost of parts and service. In the end it doesn't matter whether or not I agree with any of this, you guys have convinced me these are very likely the reasons. Thanks.
I don't think we have established that there is a problem. I've owned seven ML components in the past 15 years and have had no reliability problems, other than when two fuses blew in a power amp, do to my own incompetence. I recently traded up a #431 for a #532, the #431 was sold before it arrived at the dealers and for three quarters of the new price. Most of the responses above seem to be speculation rather than facts.
One other thing to consider is that back in the day, there were three undisputed high end brands Levinson, Krell and Roland, there was much controversy about which was number one but it was always one of the three. Now there are more great brands that you could name.