Qns on Ayre AX-7e Int Amp

Hi,

May i know what Is labelled at the back of your ayre ax-7e evolution int amp? Is it just "AX-7 Integrated Amp" without the "e"?

How do you different between the ax-7 and ax-7e?

Thank you
wyred
Wyred,
If you believe that the amplifier of interest is an Ayre AX-7E but it does not show the faint gold "Evolution" label on the front panel, then it is still possible that your unit is an "E" version that has been upgraded from an AX-7. To its credit, Ayre Acoustics offered this upgrade at nominal costs to existing owners. As a result, there are likely quite a few of these units around, and they should be equivalent to the units shipped originally as AX-7E's.

As stated above, a call to Ayre tech support with the serial number of your unit will give you a definitive answer. Optionally contact an Ayre distributor in your country and he might be able to assist you.
Wyred: As Sandstone suggested above you could contact the Ayre distributor in Singapore. As Sandstone posted above, it is possible the unit you are looking at was converted from a AX-7 to a AX-7e model. This Distributor should be able to answer your question on the AX-7 or the AX-7e amplifier. If not, ask them to call Ayre in the United States.

For info on Ayre Singaporian Dealers or for information on where to audition Ayre products in Singapore please contact:

Norman Audio Pte. Ltd.
Ivan Cheng
No. 1 , Coleman Street
#04-45 The Adelphi
Singapore
Tel: +65.6339.8286
Fax: +65.6339.7057
info@normanaudio.com
www.normanaudio.com
I can't emphasis the fact enough that all Ayre equipment is balanced and should be used with the XLR jacks.
Hgeifman, Sandstone, Stringreen and Countingbackwards: thank you for all the valuable inputs.
Hi,

On my unit, at the back there is just ax-7 series, on the front - gold colored "Evoliution" just bellow Ayre logo.