Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Slowhand, Yes the rollerblocks set up in the sweet spot under your SCD-1 should be mind blowing good. C.Ds and especially Super audio disks spin at a even higher rates of speed causing vibrations that effect the overall performance of the machine.Finding that sweet spot under that huge SCD-1 will take two people .I found a hardwood stick and block of wood used as a fulcrum to place the rollerblocks and plates a good and safe way. Slowhand for the price of a set of rollerblocks or another S.R.A. platform,you are so close to audio Nirvana.You have Valhalla in your junction box,do carry on with more Nordost Valhalla in your tone arm. And to your phono stage you can use the far less expensive Nordost Frey or Tyr line of interconnects.My experience with having the stock Discovery wire in my old tone arm and junction box along with trying other brands of wire over the years and settling with Cardas Neutral and Golden Reference through out my system.Comparing them to the Nordost wire. No contest. If anything out there that you could do to your system that would be jaw dropping good,this is it...Pablovila looking forward on what you have to say about the Malbecs
Hi Slowhand.
The Malbecs are going to replace either a pair of highly modified Golden Tube 300b Monoblocks or a Wright Sound 3.5. Let's see. The rest of the system:

Teres 265/Triplanar Ultimate/Zyx Airy 3
APL 3910 Universal Player
Supratek Chenin
Coincident Total Victory
Lamhorn 1.8/Lowther EX 4
REL Stadium II

In all probability the Malbecs will replace the Golden Tubes, but I want to try them against the Wright Sound/Lamhorn 1.8/Lowther EX 4 to see what happens.
I'll keep you posted. I really don't know why we are not getting people's impressions about their Malbecs yet. Pablo.
Pablo, I just got a new Airy 3X. I love it! It really sings with my Chenin, using NOS RCA 6J6As and Amperex 7308 PQ gold pins in the phono stage.
I know what you are talking about! It's an unbelievable cartridge, combining the two things most audiophiles really like and are so difficult to combine: detail and musicality. Pablo.
Hi Baranyi

I think some people have ordered the umbilical cord but have not received them yet. Hence not many can give you their views. I ordered and paid for the cables in Feb; in mid Mar wrote to Brad. Then about 20 days ago, Brad (aka Vtech2000) informed that my cables would ship the following week. Till now, I've not received the cable. Talk about broken promises and poor customer service.

Better wait out until Brad fulfills his orders.