Ringing Sound In Tube Gear

I recently have begun noticing a feint "ringing" sound while playing my Onix H34 integrated. It comes and goes and I'm sure it's not my ears. Could this be a problem with the output tubes? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
128x128tarraga
"we are a community which can rely on the knowledge, experience and good will of each other."

Are you sure you are in the right place?
Hah! Good luck Tarraga...hopefully the knowledge experience and good will...will prevail and your ring will be sorted out. Good luck...and remember - sometimes when you tap on output tubes...be careful. If the tube is causing a problem even the gentlest tap will be quite loud thru your speakers. On the other hand, if not, a gentle tap should not result in any noise coming thru. If you use a pencil, use the eraser part...you dont need to tap with the wooden/lead part at all.
Hmmm the tapping (gentle w/eraser)produced no major noise during tests, but the ringing seems to have abated for now. I may try tube dampers anyway as the amp I have in another system came with them already installed on the tubes (it sounds great, btw) and it seems like a good idea.
Well, I could start singing, "WE Are Family...," but that's not really my style. :)
;) hey if it stopped...great! If you like your tube dampers...you may wish to try EAT tube dampers at some point. 19 bucks each and they are stunningly good. I got one on the recommendation of the distributor. I now have them on my other tubes as well.