Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
If battery power was the be-all and end-all solution for audio, then all your portable CD players, ghetto blasters and car CD decks running on 12v batteries etc would be reference sources?? Which they are definately NOT ...

I've owned a tricked up battery powered esoteric Pioneer CD player and the N.E.W DC-33 battery powered Class A amplifier. Nice sounding equipment, but a pain in the a*s charging and replacing batteries when the time comes.

Regards,

Steve.
why do other people try to latch onto to this thread to pimp other brands preamps? i'm sure the h-cat, audio horizon, and dodd preamps are excellent in their own right, but this is a supratek discussion thread.

Exactly! Don't waste your time, jealousy is very difficult to understand.

Honestly, I heard the "battery" powered preamp mentioned by the poster above. This is not new as it has been on the threads at Audio Circle for a long time now. In fact, I recall, it was launched there.

All I can say is that to each his own. I have a Chenin for 4 years now! I am happy, and that's what really matters to me.

regards,

Abe
Don't feed the monster. It only encourages off-topic posts when we respond to the irrelevant intrusions.
Unfortunately any long running owners thread develops a "circle the wagons" attitude toward unasked postings. Personally,I'd just as soon hear direct comparisons made if there's a complete rundown of equipment used/room set up to estimate system/hearing differences and to figure where differences(if any) could originate.

There are ways to hopefully keep the flames down. Perhaps if owners of differing high achievers would start out by asking first if any of the regular posters have made any comparisons,or heard first hand the differing piece in question,maybe the window for "rightous" anger would be a little less wide open.

I would hope we all would still be open to new things mentally. Doesn't have to mean that you'd even be interested in changing anything. Just be open to hear about new products,if posted respectfully.

Would any of us here have been so interested in Supratek if there weren't many comparisons to other pres made,especially in the early days of this thread?
Zachzdb,

I think everyone here would welcome comparisons of the Supratek to any other preamp if the poster has actually compared the two, but to just come in and try to hijack the thread by rambling about another product is a different kettle of fish.