Capacitor question

I have BAT VK-150se amps powering SF Amati Homage speakers. I replaced the stock BAT/Jensen POI caps with CuTF V-Caps. There is a lot more detail now, however, the sound is thinner, brighter and fatig
davidbrinknyc
That was a mistake and you hear the difference. The only upgrade that can work for you without "stepping on the toes" of the amplifier's sound quality would be to bypass thoses caps with .05-ufd CRC hermetic teflons that are available through eBay. And let's not forget tubes. Victor Khomenko BAT's designer is limited to what is readily available in terms of tubes. You don't have that limitation. Although there is only one brand of the power triodes, you have the option to experiment with the front-end tubes to dial in your amplifiers. I am a rabid audiophile with a BAT preamp that has those same caps. I can tell you that with those caps still in place and not bypassed, my preamp has yet to get in the way. Tubes on the other hand can make it glorious or crap.

My two cents.

Walt D'Ascenzo
I would recommend putting some small bands around them to stop them ringing. They will burn in eventually, but damping ringing has been found effective such as in my adcom dac that was "modified" in such a manner.
Wdascenz,
Might it be too early to say david made a mistake? Based on the replies from those familiar with the CuTF V-Caps they need many hours before one can draw accurate conclusions. Now it`s certainly possible that after complete burn-in david may find he prefers the original capacitors. Time will tell.
Regards,
Following a thread in 2009 of David Garretson about improving the BAT 150SE , I did all the mods in my two BAT 's VK1000 , ofcourse including the Vcaps.I also had to replace all the Nichicon 10000mFd caps due to not having anymore flat top caps.They have been replaced by 100V types
but we had to make a new capacitorboard.But the Vcaps did indeed take more time to run in , but after that all what was promised came true , ,improved definition , speed , ambient retrieval, more detail and better bas definition.So
Davidbrinknyc have patience , you will not disappointed