Significant difference??

I'm debating between th new Marantz 7007 and the Denon 3313. I know the companies are under one roof but is the a sound and performance difference??
128x128brianpack
Just my half cent as I have not any experience with any Denon gear. But my recently acquired Marantz PM8004 integrated amp would have me leaning towards the Marantz anything. Sound combined with a 3 year warranty deserves a very look.

If possible really check out the "ease of use". No matter how good in other areas, if it is a pain to use for yourself and especially other family. It will be a major pain in the butt or simply not get used.
Denon and Marantz maybe "under one roof" but so is McIntosh but I believe most would agree that McIntosh is better made and has superior sound.

D&M Holding owns Marantz, Denon, and McIntosh, as well as a few other companies. Before 2002, Denon was a separate company.

I know they share a lot of the same parts (that's how you keep cost low), Denon and Marantz have seperate design philosophies and some of the features may only be avaliable on a Denon but not on the Marantz (at least at first), however I do not know if they are actually made in the same factory.

I do not think there are any significant differences between the two.
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping some will share their thoughts on sound difference in performance. I'm thinking of getting a good receiver Togo with the new oppo 103......maybe the Marantz 7007 or the Denon 3313. Any ideas?? And what about McIntosh