Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi Abe,
Sorry ,I ment to get back sooner,forgot...Age

The Cunningham 45s did not test well at all,however I do have apair of RCA 45 Radiotron black plates later vintage that are used though test fine. Is $20.00 each too much?

Crazy thing I have a dozen or so 1920s vintage 201A and 301a Cunninghams that came with the bunch that all but one test great.
I ment to ask you ,how does your Haggerman phonostage compare to your Chenin?
Hello Mark,

I responded to the your post in my system's page.

The trumpet is a good phono stage no question! The Chenin though is special. It has that liquid midrange but dynamics on the top and bottom are well balance. The Trumpet's bass is authoritative to say the least. this can be trace through the SS rectifier many irons used in the phono power supply design.

regards,

Abe
Ping Stiltskin!

Hello Mark,

I forgot to add, my email account is
arevz@msn.com
Would you please drop me an email privately so I know where to reach you.

regards,

Abe
I just wanted to mention another great little Supratek story. Two days ago my Syrah wasn't powering up - it just seemed dead. I emailed Mick and Kevin, and they diagnosed/suggested that my Rectifier tube in the power supply might be dead. They also told me that when this happens it automatically blows a fuse (accessibe easily next to the plug socket) and that there is a spare fuse already there next to the spent fuse.

Sure enough, they were correct, and within mintues I was up and running again just by switching in their already-provided and easily accessed spare fuse, and swapping in another rectifier I had handy. I'm up and running again.

Anyways, not only was the communication swift and accurate, but I was amazed that I didn't even have to figure out what the replacement fuse type was and then go shopping for it. Not sure if this replacement fuse feature is typical, but is struck me as so convenient.

So, long story short, I continue to be a very happy Supratek owner.
Outlier,

It is funny that you bring up this story. The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Turned on my Cortese and none of the tubes lit up. I too tried replacing the rectifier. No luck. Put the old rectifier back in. Replaced the fuse and I was back in business.