Amplifier for Tekton speakers

I am looking for a tube amplifier to mate with Tekton Lore. Anyone has a successful story with your amp and Tekton Lore or similar?

My music tastes 80% with pop and easy listening jazz/soft rock.

Any directions or suggestions are appreciated.
nguyen787
My room is 16x14x9 and the answer is yes, Wilson; but not likely in your size room. The Almarro can play louder than I want to listen. I listen to a wide variety of music, almost any genre except Rap.
Mikirob,
All-in-all I like the Cary V-12 with these speakers the most;

So, begs the question - why?

yet I like them all for different reasons.

Different reasons -- in that each is better suited for a particular kind of musical genre? Or mood?

WRT the Cary 300B, with the Tekton being a very dynamic speaker imparting a "live" presentation, does using the 300B detract too much from this kind of presentation, or does the 300B bring something more to the listening experience and is additive rather than subtractive?
Sebrof,
So should I be looking somewhere in the 15 to 20 watt amp range (Almero a318b used?) for my size room? I guess I should also ask what the difference in sound charter would be between the Jolida and a SET or SEP amp?
10-13-12: Wilson667
Sebrof,
So should I be looking somewhere in the 15 to 20 watt amp range (Almero a318b used?) for my size room? I guess I should also ask what the difference in sound charter would be between the Jolida and a SET or SEP amp?
I think the Jolida will sound very good with the Lores. I heard my Lores on my friends JD1000 which is the 100 watt EL34 version. It sounded great.
We're all different and want different things, so take this for what it's worth - I wouldn't look for a lower power Push Pull pentode to replace my 502. If I were to get something different it would be a different topology, like the single ended pentode 318 Almarro or a push pull triode or something. I say that because the 502 is a pretty good amp IMO, and getting another similar with lower power might not gain (or lose) much.
I like the Cary SET 50 watt triode push-pull the best because it has most of the attributes of the Cary 300B midrange with large amount of headroom, more solid bass, a little more extension on top, has a little more weight and dynamics. For me and my ears in my room, tops all the others mentioned in my post, yet each is good.

My parents were musicians as are I and my brother. I know live music intimately. The Lore is live sounding. Dynamic. I have used EL 84 tubes in amplification often, among others. I like their sound. The Almarro acquits itself nicely, but a different presentation as one would suspect, very quick and lively, great for Jazz, Folk, Folk Rock, Pop music. It does not do as well on large scale Classical, especially when it all gets going and is complex; yet it is still good.

The Cary V12 is a well-suited amp for the Lore, it adds a little more warmth, weight and fullness compared to my Primaluna, it is sweet and timbre is accurate, RRAT is slightly better on Primaluna, but really small difference. Bass is very tuneful.

I hope this stuff is what you were asking Finsup.

I believe, like Sebrof, the Jolida 502 would acquit itself well with the Lore. I wish I could inject some Wolf Garcia humor here.