$18k Tube preamp for large scale symphonies please

hi, can anyone suggest tube preamp that's good for handling complex music & large scale symphonies recordings in studio/ theatres? i had audition some: Aesthetix, CJ ,Modwright, Audio Note, ARC but all seems lacking in some ways and definitely not enough air at top octaves and instruments separation/ spaciousness. all dealer agrees that some pre is good at certain genre of music and sound Great even more if music is relatively SIMPLE like vocal, jazz, light acoustic, slow rock and maybe pop songs. Yes i know personal taste varies as well: bass strength & high freq. extension etc. & gears matching too. could anyone share their expreience so i can narrow down a list? my music typically: Van Hellsing & Princess Mononoke movie soundtrack. hope dealers provide constructive comments. Thanks All in advance. -phil
philipwu
hi,Can anyone recall the difference between Shindo, Doshi Alaap & Coincident Statement? it been describe that Doshi are kind of similar to Shindo or even surpass it,and i recall my dealer saying Shindo are very similar(90%) to Coincident, so i'm trying to triangulate the sound of them. Thanks a lot for any comments..
Philipwu, be careful I've heard from many (including one reviewer) that Shindo pres only work well with Shindo amps.
Shindo preamps work well with many amps, not just Shindo amps. I have Shindo preamps in 3 systems - An Aurieges-L with a Bedini 25/25 solid state, a Monbrison with an Accuphase P-3000, and a Masseto with Wavelength Cardinal X2 300B monoblocks. Each of those 3 pairings results in a sublimly musical presentation.
As per Grannyring, I agree with the TRL Dude suggestion. Don't let the reasonable price fool you. It is superb. I love mine, and it's the most natural, effortless sound you can imagine. I just received my Duelund cast caps and will be installing them soon, can't wait to hear the difference. FWIW: Paul is great to deal with
Based on my recent experience with Duelund Cast in my speakers and DAC I`m sure they`re excellent in the Dude also.

The Coincident Statement Linestage and the TRL Dude with CAST capacitors represent superb linestage results for a reasonable cost.I think it would be 'difficult' to out preform them regardless of cost.
Regards,