sansui or yamaha

long time listener first time caller
I currently have a sansui ba 3000 amp ca 3000 pre and have been thinking about replaceing them with a yamaha A S2000 most of my listening is done from my turntabe wich is a micro seiki DD 40 with a ortofon 2m black and speakers are DCM timewidow sevens any ideas on my choice of amps
ih8this1
Bombaywalla is kind in writing "much richness," where I wrote "colored sound" regarding the Sansui/DCM combo.

It comes down to the sound that you're after, and 70's gear (not everything) leans towards rich/colored sound when we're talking Sansui, Yamaha, etc.. I think the Yamaha SA2000 is new and aimed at the 70's sound? That's all I know about it.

I also think that if you're after "natural" sound that may be mistakingly referred to as thin, you may be disappointed in what you hear. Achieving true natural sound comes at a price, and may not be your cup of tea when listening to 70's music.

What kind of music do you listen to?
thanks everyone for responding as regards to my music preference I do listen to a lot of classic rock but i also like the blues it just kinda depends on my mood that day anything from Hendrix to Norha Jones,Joss Stone,black keys,Adele
I had a G8000 that was a fun match to some Pioneer 99As, but when
matched to any type of difficult load would go into protection if driven hard. The Yamaha A-S2000 is a more neutral & powerful amp. It will more
easily run more modern speaker loads, cables, ect... I ran an Empire tt 598 into the Sansui with good results & only moved on when tiring of the suspended table, & now match a VPI Traveler to the Yamaha. Both can provide hrs. of enjoyment. The Yamaha is an exceptional value.....