sansui or yamaha

long time listener first time caller
I currently have a sansui ba 3000 amp ca 3000 pre and have been thinking about replaceing them with a yamaha A S2000 most of my listening is done from my turntabe wich is a micro seiki DD 40 with a ortofon 2m black and speakers are DCM timewidow sevens any ideas on my choice of amps
ih8this1
Another vote for the Yammy, how irrelevent this comment by Yogiboy, completely unfounded.
The Yamaha MX-1(production 92-97) is one of the best budget power amps i've heard! One just sold here a few days ago.
Keep the Sansui amps. I used to own them and could kick myself for selling them. Get a new amp is you want, but the build quailty of vintage stuff is hard to find these days. I now keep all my old stuff for my audio museum. Nice thinhgs to have on the walls under glass in your listening room.
They may now be outclassed performance wise, but they sure look good.
Cheers
Wow
I have the Yamaha C1,UC1 and 2 B1's(being fully rebuilt as we speak)and a CR2040 and they sound great.I am not sure what those other guys are saying but alot of gear has its own house sound.
I had the Pioneer SX1280 and found the bass to be very boomy,not tight.
Speakers are a big part also,although the house sound is what it is.
So to each is there own.
...''the build quailty of vintage stuff is hard to find these days''

Hummmm, not really. I peeked into a vintage Sansui and Pioneer amp a few weeks ago. Parts selection and soldering was on the el-cheapo side for sure. Sound was romantic and buttery-smooth, but with very little detail and a very harsh top end.

They sure are nice to look at, but that's about it.

I have found memories of my dad's Pioneer SX-525 receiver 30 years ago, with a whopping 20 watts for channel (if that) of power.

It was the best thing I had ever heard back then and it holds a special place in my Audio past. Buy today, it sure would make my ears bleed.