Preamp to pair with X250.5

Hi all,

Looking for a preamp to pair with Pass Lab X250.5...

Looking at Coincident Statement Linestage; Modwright 36.5, Aesthethix Calypso Signature or CAT SL1...

I have a CEC TL1 CD Transport.

Any recommendation.. or would you suggest another preamp...

Thank you.
clarrie
Hi Atmasphere,

Would you recommend Modwright 36.5 ? With or without power supply? And how about Coincident Linestage Preamp?

Thanks
I tell you from experience the PASS Preamp matches best with PASS amps. I tried a Audio research tube and was not happy
Clarrie, either will work fine.

Fin1bxn, if I recall correctly the ARC preamps cannot drive an input impedance like the Pass and also play bass right; seems to me that they say in the manual that the amp has to have an input impedance of 30K or more.
Clarrie, if you're on a bit of a budget, I'd seriously look at their MP-3. It's a wonderful sounding unit that they usually mate with their M-60 mono amps at the audio shows; CES, RMAF.

If you want to take it up a couple notches(think state of the art), you can't go wrong with their MP-1. I've owned an MP-1 Mk.3 for a few years now AND LOVE! It replaced the CAT.

Finally, if you listen to vinyl, both are available with phono and I'd definitely recommend that route.