Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi Fiddler - agree totaly with your results - I actually added a hardwood base under the metal bottom plate just using longer screws ( and drilling vent holes) so I could use footers of various types - only difference is I have found that balls work better than cones ( I did a diy roller ball type using ceramic balls)

It is amazing how these things make such a difference - hard to explain the tower of stuff under your amp to visitors tho

cheers
Hi Fiddler, try Herbies iso-cups instead of the cones. Should improve things even more.
Snopro, I tried iso-cups previously and they weren't as good as the cones, but that was using them under the metal plate. I currently use them under my amp, but I may have to try them under my preamp now that I have changed my preamp isolation setup.
Fiddler,
I find all this very hard to believe.
Have you read articles on sonic memory?
More like the differences you are hearing are subjective or being influenced by your seating or head position.
Believe it or don't!
Ever heard or sympathetic vibrations. Websters dictionary.
* Main Entry: sympathetic vibration
* Function: noun
* Date: 1898

: a vibration produced in one body by the vibrations of exactly the same period in a neighboring body.
Your ears are more sensitive than you think.
Ever hear tubes ring, speaker cabinets vibrating at frequencies affecting sonics. Room acoustics. One cable manufacturer actually uses metal shot in their power cables to damp resonances. I was like you and didn't think any of this stuff made sense, but I became a believer. I even used bicycle tubes under my equipment (gonna try this on the Supratek.) I it sounded much better. I didn't think a power cord made a difference in sound quality, but they do, even sometimes more than speaker and interconnect cables.
Hearing is believing. Those metal tops and bottoms on the Supratek sure look great, but they sure do vibrate more than wood or heavy aluminum etc. They need to be damped some way!