mapleshade ic's...

Does anybody have experience with these...from a simplistic view and everything I have ever read about cable designs and bs....they might get a big "who knew"...just might be the real deal.
digsmithd
I have his entry level ICs and liked them for a long time. I was always afraid of the fragile nature of the design but they've held up well. The locking connectors are a bit of a pain but they stay put once you've tightened them. I believe Pierre doesn't offer the locking connectors anymore and I can't attest to the newest versions.

Right now, there's an offer for about $100 more for the entry level Darwin Silver ICs and I can tell you that they are better. They offer more insight, detail, layering, extension and ambience and not at a cost to musicality.

If you let us know your budget, you'll get lots of recommendations, even at the price point of the Mapleshades (about $135/meter)./

All the best,
Nonoise
As Ralphie's dad said "Fra-geely, that's Italian".

Mine got fried when a visitor stepped on one. Sent it in for repair and they quoted so high(about 75% of new pair cost) that I told him to throw them away. Very disappointing.

Sonically, I like them. Cheers,
Spencer
Sonically OK, biggest PITA to use I've encountered in 40+ years in audio,very fragile as well.