Direct Digital Amplifiers

I am very excited about the concept of direct digital amplifiers, such as the NAD M2 and the new NuForce DDA-100. There are others coming out too. I would think these amps are in their infancy. I would like to know if anyone has had direct experience with them and what are your impressions. I would like to see them accessible to digital equalization. Are there any models that incorporate this functionality?
peter_s
Bombaywalla, Class D amp doesn't convert anything to digital. It converts analog voltage to analog duty cycle of square wave and back to analog voltage thru filtering. Word "digital" would imply limit of resolution while it is unlimited - completely analog from input to output. People often confuse switching (where duty cycle is analog quantity) with digital.
Yes- class D amps operate in the analog domain. The 'D' is used because A, B and C were taken.

If you run a DAC directly into any traditional amplifier, the signal chain is actually simpler. Cass D amplifiers have considerably more processing to make things happen.
Signal chain might be simpler but class D consist only of modulator and output Mosfets vs. multiple stages of gain in traditional amplifier.
I use a couple different implementations of direct digital and enjoy them immensely. A highly-modified Tact S2150 digital amplifier pair with the Tact 2.2X preamp into YG speakers and Lyngdorf subs allows me to digitally equalize a flatter room response and time align, while crossing over to the subs at a fast slope. Sounds great to my ears. Really opens everything up.

Another system in the family room uses a NAD M2 into Peak Consult speakers. No EQ, but very simple system, with just a music server feeding the NAD. The NAD is very good, very pure, clean and dynamic. Both amps are really power DACs that have the voltage and processing power to drive speakers directly: a great idea whose time has finally arrived. I've previously owned monos by Rowland, Pass, Bel Canto, etc. and while all have strengths and weaknesses, these are really good options, providing superb value compared to a separate DAC, preamp and amp.

Lyngdorf and DEQX also make great direct digital products that can do digital EQ. Go hear one and see if it floats your boat....
Seems as though only the TacT/Lyngdorf direct digital amps are capable of high current output. Are there any others?