Simaudio Moon w5.3se

I see that a prominent online retailer is now offering these at 50% off. Im interested in trying one due to the 30 day return policy. Cant seem to find much info of relevance on this piece. Anyone own or have experience with this piece?
winoguy17
thx winoguy17. I saw the same ad you are talking about, and fantasized about purchasing. I have used Sim in the past, and their LE/SE version tend to be outstanding performers.
And I have a suggestion winoguy: to break in the amp more quickly to achieve those 100-300 break-in hours, can you let the amp just run 24/7 at a low volume? or just let it run while you are at work or sleeping? That way, you can get the break in time you need well before your 30 day trial is up.
Check out the Van Alstine Snyergy integrated amp. It is plain and some features smartly have been eliminated. It is 100RMS, but I can't find one review. Van Alstine sent me a copy of a review of his power amp; the integrated amp "supposedly" uses a scaled down version of the basic power amp He offers a 30 day trial period. The Sim I5.3 is 85 RMS, and may have more features than it needs. I would like to see responsders to your thread provide some info on the Van Alstine integrated vs the Sim Audio I5.3
Sunnyjim
With all due repect, if youre seeking info on a specific piece of gear, why dont you start a thread on that instead of hijacking mine? What does a Van Alstine integrated have to do with my OP?
I have owend both Van Alstine and Sim. Both are good, just a little different. In this case, it would depend on which one worked best in a given system. This would not be a situation where one "smokes" another.
TO Kclone: Thank you for answering my simple question.

Winoguy needs to chill out a bit. For the record, 1) I did have my own thread regarding the VA integrated, with no responses, and it concerned only the Van Alstine 2)I also saw the ad: the price seems attractive considering how grossly overpriced Sim electronics are 3)I had no intention of of "hijacking" your thread. Like all of us, there are some members seeking information, that does not necessarily warrant creating a new thread.

Lastly, this is a hobby, not to be confused with stealing national security secrets. Take a Valium, and count backward from 100