Can You Get 1,000 WPC Out Of Regular Wall Socket?

I see the new Emotiva (100 lbs) and Boulder (450 lbs!!) 1,000 WPC monoblocs require a dedicated 20 amp circuit per monobloc.

I recently read where someone had his Krell 750mcx monobocs changed from 110 to 220 because he said they sounded better.

Well, the D-sonic digital amp weighs 20 pounds and is rated at 1500 WPC. Can an amp pull 1500 WPC from a regular household wall socket?
128x128mitch4t
My 500 w/ch BEl Canto ref1000m Class D amps are on a regular home circuit. The only time they trip the breaker is if I power them both up at the same time. That does it every time! They have never tripped the breaker while playing, and I go pretty loud sometimes. Prior Class A/B amps I've had would trip the breaker on occasion while playing loud.

The switching nature and resulting efficiency of Class D amps is the key I believe. They are much easier for a normal person to deal with than giant heavy Class A or Class a/b type amps. That's progress....
Who the he*l would want or need that much power and for what purpose??? Is the OP thinking about using his 1000 wpc amps to heat the house or light up outdoor X-mass lights. I gotta believe that even with inefficient speakers, with that much power, even on transients, pumping out of those amps, the OP would blow his ears.
"Who the he*l would want or need that much power and for what purpose???"

Bi, with the right speakers that can use it, you'd be surprised! Especially for lifelike volumes and dynamics with large, lower efficiency, full range speakers in larger rooms.

500w/ch with my big OHM F5's in one of my larger rooms is a godsend! The amp is no longer a bottleneck in any way for my listening enjoyment. Even my small Dynaudio monitors in my small 12X12 office benefit. I will likely never go back to less, unless someday I jump ship to the high efficiency speaker/tube amp camp, which is not likely.

And with CLass D amplification, all that power and dynamic headroom comes in two little boxes about the size and weight of a Webster's home dictionary! Amazing!
Bruce (Bifwynne), note that the OP's listening room is a HUGE loft. Also, keep in mind the rule of thumb that for the volume level to be subjectively perceived as "twice as loud," ten times as much power is required. So 1500W would be subjectively perceived as only "twice as loud" as 150W.

Best regards,
-- Al
Just be sure to not touch the outputs of these monster output amps when they are doing their thing.... :^)