Do you think LP needs break-in to sound its best?

Most of the time brand new LP sounds fine, but when I listen to it several times after, it seems to sound better. I guess it could be psychological. What is your experience?
audiolui
Gaslover, please google vinyl record mold release and you will get numerous hits that discuss this topic with more authority. From my understanding, the mold release agent is a stearate compound which is mixed with the vinyl before pressing. Stearate compound cools at a slower rate than vinyl, therefore, it acts as a lubricant allowing the vinyl to be released from the stamper.
A little background:
I was the original Quality Manager at Record Technolgy, Inc., still one of the finest pressing plants out there. I started in 1973, and was their 2nd employee. For the 15 years I worked in that industry, NO-ONE ever knew anything about the "mold-release agent" I now see blogged about every few years. Even our PVC suppliers knew nothing about it. We never applied anything other than a vinyl biscuit & labels to the stampers.

@gasbag, you should have been better at your job and scraped runs that have too much of the stuff in the mix. I'm sick of cleaning it off my purchases