Audio Research Ref 5 SE

Does anyone know when will the Ref 5 or 5SE be replaced?
I am considering to purchase a new Ref 5 SE but worry that a new Ref per-amp may be introduced soon because the Ref 5 has been here for 4 yrs.

Thank you.
Hifier1958
hifier1958
In this situation I'd consider buying one used to minimize the potential pain if you can find one. Best of luck.
05-16-13: Bifwynne
Just thinking out loud here about the Ref 10 series, priced at $30K. It's hard to believe that there's much of a market for gear at that price point. But maybe there is when one considers that there's a market for $100K+ Magicos and the like.

That is obviously where the market is headed as the economy continues to squeeze out the middle class. Most high end companies top of the line prices have more than doubled in the last few years. VAC just introduced their new "Statement" line that cost about $50,000 per unit!!!

The high end is sailing up, up and away!! Lucky few that can afford the best now. :)
There must be a market they just came out with a 30k phono stage to go with their 30k line stage. I'm sure the next thing coming is a 30k Dac or 100k monoblocks.