Does Mc Intosh make reference gear

I have been reading the current thread here about Mc Intosh being bashed. People are saying they use cheap parts or have a 70's type of sound. I don't know the Mc line that well. Do they make a reference line? If they do why don't you ever hear about it? If they don't maybe they should. I'm sure audiophiles would give more props to Mc Intosh if they made some cutting edge products.
taters
"I'm sure audiophiles would give more props to Mc Intosh if they made some cutting edge products. "

I think Mc cares more about retaining the value of the brand than catering to audiophiles. I don't blame them. The brand is what distinguishes McIntosh. WHy should they do anything to make their brand not stand out from the pack? Especially just to cater to finicky audiophiles who will not even agree on what a reference is? Keep dreaming. If you don't like Mc, buy something else. I lot of people do. I do not, but I suspect I could find a way to live with Mc gear if I had to. I do love the looks and have considered Mc gear on many occasions, but it has just never worked out.
No MAC does not make current 'reference level' gear.
MAC is well below reference level.
MAc IMO is about the reference level of the best gear in the early 1980's
Prior the the 'audiophile revolution' of the mid 80's when the 'high end' was really born.
*******Prior the the 'audiophile revolution' of the mid 80's when the 'high end' was really born*******

A Date that will live in infamy!!!

Cheers