Does Mc Intosh make reference gear

I have been reading the current thread here about Mc Intosh being bashed. People are saying they use cheap parts or have a 70's type of sound. I don't know the Mc line that well. Do they make a reference line? If they do why don't you ever hear about it? If they don't maybe they should. I'm sure audiophiles would give more props to Mc Intosh if they made some cutting edge products.
taters
Elizabeth I believe owns Bryston amps....so take that with a grain, taters go to audio aficionado site...they have a Mac site and the entire forum is not as hostile as this one can be. Agon members are more about one upsmanship. A little too serious around here... :-)
Bryston and Mc = two way different beasts.

Which is reference?

The one that sticks the word "reference" in the product name first! :^)
No..Al Gore is not a McIntosh fan. Ever since Al sold Current to Al Jazerra Network,..(ya know..that friendly terrorist news organization that sent over the internet encrypted codes from their news site to the terrorist's who brought down the World Trade Center..) Al exclusively buys his Audio components from Al Qaeda Audio. Their amplifiers are stunning to look at especially the beautiful gold camel logo on the front of their amps.
Those seen leaving Al Gore's place were observed to buy cartons of Camel cigarettes no doubt due to the subtle, golden camel logo on the front of those amps. Steganographic clues abound if you look close or long enough at something.

Let us not forget that Al Gore's family fortune was in tobacco and this neatly ties in all the conspiracy theories about Al Gore.

You gotta admire the guy.

All the best,
Nonoise
I remember quite clearly lusting after mcintosh gear in high school in the late 70s, going to the big time hifi shop and being mesmerized. When I had some coin to be able to put towards a decent system there were a few places that seemed to offer the same stable of products, mcintosh, B&W, rotel, etc. Having auditioned those brands and some of the less well known but well respected it seemed to me that more could be had $ for $ with other options. I will never forget hearing a B&W/Mcintosh demo and asked the salesperson to turn off the subwoofer and he said it was already off. I went over and put my hand on it to feel it vibrate and he then turned it off.

I have a good friend that has a mcintosh set-up and just doesn't do anything for me for whatever reason.