Bryston BP-26 or Parasound Halo JC 2 preamp??

I'm running Dynaudio Sapphire spkrs via Bryston 7BST mono blocs direct from Wadia S7i cdp. I know there's been much discussion re: direct or thru preamp. I'm still a bit on the fence but if I go the preamp route I'd like some input on the Bryston BP26 vs the Halo JC2 in my configuration (or other experiences with the Bryston 7bst owner's and these preamps.
tnx for your input..2bz.
2bz
I've owned both the JC2 and the BP26. Coincidentally I was using dynaudio speakers and a bryston 4bsst amp at the time. They are both superb, but the bryston is more transparent. However, some people might prefer the smoother sound of the JC2. I've heard the sapphires can be a little forward sounding so the JC2 might be the way to go. If it was me, I'd go with the bryston, for the added detail and clarity. BTW, I highly commend at least trying the preamps over direct CDP connection. I think you'll end up preferring the sound. Good luck
Interesting...Yes, Bryston is known for detail and presence. I have the BP6P, the BP26s cousin as well as the 4BSST. This presence and detail is a little bit too much for many (or a few) audiophiles, so they shy away. I personally like it. So, basically it's all a matter of taste...
Another pre-amp to consider is the solid state BAT VK-42SE. I changed from the Bryston BP25/MPS-2 combination to the BAT. The sound of the BP 25 was a little harsh for me. I believe the BP26 addresses the issues I had with the BP25. I used the 7B-SST's with the BP-25 and then with the BAT. The BAT sounds just as detailed but not harsh. I have heard the JC2 and the BP26 described the same way in forums.
Like I said, harsh could mean you don't like a lot of presence and maybe there was a bit too much detail for you. I haven't heard the BAT preamp so I can't comment on that one. I bet it's a good unit, though...
Sounds like if I like detail the BP-26 might be a better choice (for me) over the JC2 especially having Bryston 7BST amps.