Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 Needs some speakers

CAn my YAmaha receiver power a pair of B&W CM9s??? IS it a good quality match or do the CM9s outpace the Yamaha????

Thanks for the help.
billhowell75
For that kind of money, I prefer 3 monoblock amps, maybe Emotiva XPA-1 like mines or Wyred for Sound SX500 or SX1000. If you don't want to spend that much, the Emotiva XPA-3 is a great amp for HT.
I have a Yamaha RX-V1073 (The Australian A1020 equivalent I'm led to believe) and have B&W 685's at the front, 686's to the rear and the HTM62 in the centre with no sub attached. They are connected with Audioquest Flx-Slip14/4. The front pair are Bi-amped and the remaining 3 speakers just have the cable doubled up.
I can honestly say I am not impressed with the sound. There is a lack of urgency in it's delivery and whilst the mid and high range clarity is reasonable I find the bass to be weak and uncontrolled. I used to drive the same set up with a Sony STR-DB930 which, believe it or not did a much better job. While the detail wasn't there in the same way, the delivery was considerably more exciting. Are there any tweaks I can make to my current setup that don't involve throwing too much money at it which will make a difference?