Everest dd 66000 speakers

Some rave reviews and used availability has my interest.
Any classical, jazz guys with listening experience or comments from someone you know? Thanks
ptss
Well, I own them, and many others, but I cannot say they are the single best. For me they are one of a small group of best as they have so many very positive traits.

When I go hear direct live music away from any PA my brain spontaneously keeps jumping to thoughts of the Everest. The stick on cymbal, the crack of a snare, the tone, directness, clarity, jump of a sax or trumpet, there are so many things, subtle and not subtle, that the Everest do like live music. And, again, that's live music without PA, so it is not that the PA reminds me of Everest.

Even when I'm in a period of several weeks or months where I'm using another speaker I really enjoy, I have to be honest when I next sit in the listening chair after a concert, and say "I really enjoy this speaker, it's a different flavor, but the Everest is more like what I just heard".

That may not be everyone's goal at home, but I'd say that at the very least it is the mark of a really good speaker.
@ kiddmann, ImHo, Now your talking my language!,LOL! Thats exactly why I want a pair of everest speakers!, you confirmed in your opinion exactly what I wanted to know!you put a very big smile on my face kiddmann!,Thankyou so much!, I have a goal set out for me now!, go audition these speakers!, road trip will be coming soon!, Happy listening!
Big, full range, dynamic sound in a larger room at home generally requires either

1) large full range higher efficiency speakers like the JBL that do not require a lot of power to go deep and loud and clear or

2) smaller less efficient speakers and a high power amp to drive them. High power amps up to the task traditionally large, heavy and expensive, but not longer with newer high efficiency amp technology, like Class D switching amps.

...take your pick.

Smaller rooms at home are less of a challenge, especially if you do not need flat response down to 20 hz. Flat response down to only 50-60 hz or so does not require as much to get the air pressurized as needed, especially in a smaller room.

Luckily, few people have rooms the size of even a small concert venue at home, so that opens up more possibilities in regards to what it takes to sound really good.
Audiolabyrinth, good luck on your trip. And regarding the Everests; if you can afford them why not get them? Life's too short!
Thanks Dave_72, Remember, I will be going for the used 66000 everest speakers that are obtainable in the used market for $25,000.00 to $28,000.00 price range, LOL!, I wished I had stupid money and get the 67000 speakers! We all should envy Kiddmann!, Happy listening!